This is a quick note on installing both ESB and Gateway as Windows service on the same machine.
To install as windows service for ESB and Gateway alone is straight forward, just go to the bin directory and run "mule install" or "gateway install" respectively.
However, if you want install both of them as windows service on the same machine, you'll get an error says service name already exists. A quick solution is to edit either mule.bat or gateway.bat, search for "mule_ee", change either one or two of them to a new name. In my case, i changed gateway from "mule_ee" to "mule_gw". That's it.
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Friday, April 1, 2016
This is the abstract. To read the details, please follow my new blog page http://blogs.perficient.com/integrate/author/ymeng/
APIs are driving the digital economy. One of the key players in the API field is MuleSoft. Instead of a labyrinth of overlapping products offerings, MuleSoft provides the Anypoint Platform with Mule API gateway and a nimble Mule ESB that can run in the cloud, on-prem or in hybrid mode. Mule promotes a wholesome API approach called API-led Connectivity.
In this post, I will demonstrate an end to end example on how to connect the front-end Mule API gateway to the back-end Mule ESB server in hybrid mode. I’ll also show how easy it is to apply various policies to the API proxy. The final section illustrates applying LDAP security policy to the API interface.
This post assumes you have the basic working knowledge of Anypoint Studio.
The main steps:
- Install Mule ESB server, install Mule API gateway server
- Add local servers to the AMC (Anypoint Management Console)
- Create "Hello World" RAML file with API management console
- Create Mule application based on the RAML
- Deploy Mule application to local ESB server from AMC console (Hybrid mode)
- Deploy API proxy to local API gateway
- Manage the API proxy with policies (simple rating policy, http basic authentication, and LDAP)
To read the details, please follow my new blog page http://blogs.perficient.com/integrate/author/ymeng/